• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex 36HPF?

Highway Man

May 18, 2019
TN
Anyone have this model and if so anything positive or negative you care to share?
Looks like it's on sale now and I have been eyeing it hard.
Thanks

I just bought one but am finding very little info on it. I bet this thing could b a little workhorse like a cobra 148 is but it’s still a virgin

The Box gives us a clue but until the covers come off - it's anyone's guess...

From Bellscb(DOT)com
upload_2020-3-8_9-54-42.png

IF it's workabke for mods inside - might be a keeper - just don't know about the "Blue" though - that can create night-vision problems for many drivers...

Looks like a Saturn...Does it Talk like Saturn?

Attachments

• Connex36HPF.jpg
    Connex36HPF.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Does anyone know if this 36hpf needs to be modified to talk on 11 meters?
One other thing I noticed is this model doesn't have FM like it's previous counterpart. My guess is to save production costs & who really uses FM?

Does anyone know if this 36hpf needs to be modified to talk on 11 meters?
One other thing I noticed is this model doesn't have FM like it's previous counterpart. My guess is to save production costs & who really uses FM?
3600 board with the resistor spider to remove on the foil side. Just like the 3300.

Was thinking hard about one but settled on the President Richard. If you can live without the frequency counter, you might want to check it out. The PR also doesn't have a SWR meter but does have a SWR test in the menu. When selected, it self-transmits, measures and indicates the SWR. Pretty cool.

Reactions: NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated