• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex 4600 Turbo vs General HP40W!!

Keeter6227

Oct 18, 2016
So I have both these radios, Connex 4600 Turbo low deadkey 10 high dead key 40and General HP40W low dead key 5 and high dead key 20. The Connex has the 2290 in he amp board but they have red paint over them so you can't read the lettering to see what Actual Finals are in the amp. The General HP40W has the IMR520 Mosfets in the amp board. Now my question is which do you think hears better both receive 120db and I think the General HP40W is a lot quieter because of the ANL SWITCH THEN IT HAS THE NB/ANL SWITCH ABOVE. The Connex 4600 Turbo only has NB/ANL switch no seperate switch. I run my radios with sqeulch turned all the way to left (Counter Clockwise) don't use it . and turn my RFGain about 11:30-12:00 o'clock to cut down the white noise. Which radio do you think is just better preformer??? Or options

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.