• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex 4800DXL. Talkback removal.

Low_Boy

Jan 21, 2010
Rochester N.Y.
I have a Connex 4800DXL it has talk back. It is the model without echo. How do I remove talk back? is it even supposed to have talkback or has a Cap. possibly went bad?

I had one of those circa 2005 and wish I'd of kept it.

d75 I think, near the transformer was probably removed and gave it full time talkback. I remember that being a common talkback mod on the Ranger or texas ranger branded radios around that time.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Thank You Eldorado. D75 sure is not in the radio. I don't remember the radio having talkback but I have not used this radio in years. Sure is annoying trying to talk sideband with a off frequency sound coming through your speaker. I never did like talkback. I will put D75 back and get back if it worked.
Thanks.

Reactions: Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated