• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CONNEX 566SB issues

Don_Q

Nov 23, 2016
Hi all, got this radio and it seems to have multiple issues. The receive audio cuts in and out (I think its a short since if I tap the top it comes back) the channel selector goes into a "scan" and one of the channel LEDs is out. Maybe the last two issues are caused by the same problem? I bought it used so hoping that someone has some experience with these and might be able to pass me some insight on what to look for. Thanks in advance!

73s

make sure all the wires are plugged in good on the main board 1st. then look for bad solder joints that could be causing your problem.

make sure all the wires are plugged in good on the main board 1st. then look for bad solder joints that could be causing your problem.

Yes thanks, I am going to check the actual speaker wire and see if that is loose but had plans to eyeball inside the whole chassis for other issues. Seems that this radio was not so well cared for so might have to go over with a fine comb, hopefully not take it to the doctor..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.