• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex CX-3300HP base equivelant ???

ebayguy

Dak IV & Galaxy DX-88HL
Oct 18, 2011
Potomac, MD
Hey guys. I had my shack setup pretty decent before I moved. Antron A-99 about 50' off the ground, and about 8' off the peak of the house, LMR-400 coax, all the from antenna to radio, with RF Choke inline. I ran a Galaxy Saturn(non-Turbo), and it sounded good with a power mic. I installed an M-80 Modulator, and it sounded ok with a stock mic, too much mic-gain for a power mic. I also, on occasion, would run my Cobra 2000GTL, or my Connex CX-3300HP. Now, everyone knows that the Connex is the strongest of the 3 radios. My question is, "Is there a base station that I can get, that sounds as good as my 3300HP, and has the power/performance, and still stay within my $150-$200 budget?" I do have access, and am probably going to be getting a small 100W base linear to run on the appropriate channels only, but would like to have a radio that performs like the Connex, without spending $400+.

Thanks, and as always 73s to all, and Happy belated Mothers Day to all the mothers out there.

Lenny

And the base radios are usually the same as a mobile radio only in a bigger box with a built in power supply.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Everything said X 1.

Today most of them are a mobile chassis and a switching power supply, nice controls and a large case look good, but the basic radio will be what ever mobile the board was being used in.
This is just the way things work with this category of radios.

5071d1309566949-rci-rhf-618-new-export-base-station-rangerbase.jpg

If you look, you can see the mobile chassis that is used in this RCI base.
Look for the place on the back where the socket for the power plug would go, or the brass inserts were the thumbscrews go for the use with a mobile mounting bracket.

If you just want a base station, to have a base station and not a mobile/power supply then that changes things, but as far as how the basic radio is built just compare it to the mobile model running the same board/features.

Jeeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.