• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex cx_33tlm3

You gotta be kidding me!! what else are they going to think of next!!

I could just see a Super Trucker playing his ipod on the CB radio, great more noise!!

Connex latest radio

Connex CX-33TLM3 Service Manual

I had to laugh when I saw this

If you don't like it you must be un-american!!!! You are either with us or anti american!!!! Now where have we heard this thousands of times.........! LOL
I have always thought that using the American flag to sell anything is tacky and disgraceful.....especially since this shit is made in China, Malaysia, Taiwan, or the phillipines!!!!

That is one sad looking radio, I dont understand why you would want all of that extra stuff on a radio. Thats as crazy as wasting your cell phone battery to listen to mp3`s.

The mp3 has gotta go; but that lcd screen is the wave of the future. I can see it getting bigger and having an even better display than this radio has now.

It's not all that bad. They started out with a good radio and gave it a futuristic touch. 'The Jetsons meet CB/10 meter radio' - lol! I actuall like the idea of being able to change the kind of RF/mod meter you want. If they made it a bit longer and larger, I think it will become accepted and everyone will eventually want one. These meters seem to be very responsive; an analog meter is slow in comparison. The larger the meter, the easieir to see. And if one can pick the kind of display that one likes the most, it could be very effective. It gives a lot of choices right now - as it is.
Just two cents worth...

Last edited:
One of the most useful radios I ever owned was a Pearce Simpson in-dash AM/FM CB. Read that again, I didn't say it was the best; I said it was the most useful with regard to functionality.

If you are one of the thousands that slip seat on a daily basis, you will know what I'm talking about. This radio has potential. If one couples it with either a XM tuner or HD converter, they would have a complete radio package less the current weight and bulk they now lug from vehicle to vehicle. If this concept does take off and receives acceptance, someone would be smart to design a low profile light radio caddy able to accommodate a pair of small speakers.

I don't feel a need for a tall stack of radio equipment in the den, to me that is ludicrous as most of my talking is done down the road 5 days a week. Yet I can accept that there are those who couldn't live without a desk full of knobs, dials, and buttons. The market is there for both.... If the design utilizes the technology correctly and produces a quality product.

Just another opinion from an apparent 'SuperTrucker' according to some.

I would imagine you will not be able to play music through your radio. A trucker can already do this by blasting the music in the cab and holding his mic down. But i do like the idea of the LCD.
73's BIGRED TRIPLE DUECE

Digital Meter

Personally I'd like to see the accuracy of the new meter, i've seen a group of pics of all the different display options, its pretty cool how many different options there are. but I agree that the mp3 must go...ALTHOUGH, it does have a L and R speaker attachment in the rear, so for slipseaters, might not be bad deal if they dont have to buy a head unit and just play their ipod thru it. audio quality probably sucks but thats to be expected. not my personal cup of tea, but i'm interested in performance of the "way of the future" :headbang

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.