• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

converting a moonraker into a m105hv

excavator701

May 23, 2005
anybody have the specs onhow i can do this how much longer should the boom be and the size of the 5 horizontal and vertical elements should be i will also need the spacings between the 4th and 5th elements thanks!!!!!!!!

moonraker

If it is a complete antenna I would put it on ebay, those things are going crazy on there.By the time some of those nuts end up bidding you probably will be close enough to add a little cash and buy the new 5 element. :D

moonraker conversion

i appreciate the help and info guys but i still need someone to give me the spacings of the element from front to back on that m105hv thanks again !!!!!!! i also need to know the size of the 5th element horz&vert. it should be little smaller than the fourth element right???????????

When you say size of the element are you asking for the dia. of the elements?

The elements on a 105 "flat" is .562 dia., this is figuring for the taper. I would suspect that the HV might be the same.

according to the suppliment the hv and and regular share the same spacing and element size, it says the only difference is that they mount to the flat elements

m105hv spacing of elements

i guess i am not being descriptive enough what i want to know is the spacing between all 5 element like in inches or ft. between each one all the way across the boom or do i space it like the regular moonraker4 and mess with the added fith element for best result?????????? my other question is the elenents across the boom doesnt each element taper from big to small??? if so the fith element that i am adding what would the horz.and vert. size be from number 4???????????????/

Re: m105hv spacing of elements

excavator701 said:
i guess i am not being descriptive enough what i want to know is the spacing between all 5 element like in inches or ft. between each one all the way across the boom or do i space it like the regular moonraker4 and mess with the added fith element for best result??????????
As far as spacing go's, one has to know what freq. that you would want to set them at. If you were to give this, then I can tell you what each one would be. But I would have to also know what the dia of the elements are to do this. You would need to have all elements the same size in dia.

The elements on a M105 are .562 dia, this is figuring the taper.

moonraker conversion to a 105hv

the frequency i would most be using is 26800to about 27600 in that general area the fith element is going to be made out of extra mookraker parts so the parts and the diameter of the horz. and vertical will be the same i just wanted to know if all the elements taper from big to smaller across the boom and from what i anderstand the boom will have go go from standard mookraker size to 26ft right????about 9and a half ft longer????

Re: moonraker conversion to a 105hv

excavator701 said:
i just wanted to know if all the elements taper from big to smaller across the boom.
When adding the 5th element it must be the same dia as the other elements reguardless wheather it is tapered or not. If it's a 2 piece then it makes easier to adjust the element, instead of having to cut the end's to tune it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.