• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

converting new dx959 from mosfet to transistor

Why do so many on here try to discourage others from wanting to mod their radios? I thought that was what this forum was about, helping others NOT criticising them.

I like to discourage people from doing things to there radio that don't make sense, are improper, or are a waste of time & money. In this example a correctly tuned mosfet 959 will DO MORE WATTS then the old dual 1969 final version. This means the reason given for this "mod" is already flawed from the beginning. I see that as a helpful suggestion.

The solution to the problem is have a qualified tech properly tune and align the 959 and then see if he is happy with the results. In the end you are correct, it's his radio and he can do with it what he wants.

I think in the end though things won't come out right, the radio will have issues and then become a truck stop trade in. Then some un suspecting buyer will get it, have issues, and proclaim Galaxy radio's junk. Probably even bash the place that sold it to him. That's the kind of radio good techs pull their hair out over when it get's sent to them to un-screw.

Reactions: 1 person
If i get a radio thats so screwed up that no one wants to fix it instead of selling it ill destroy it....

Personally i loved my first galaxy dx 959 after it was tuned by me talked all over the world on my shakespere pogo stick 318gbt 20ft off the ground at the base,in fact sold it on the air to a driver passing thru traded it for his hr2510 uniden which i still have.Really wish i wouldnt have traded it because i was very familiar with it.I have worked on a few radios and all work well.Not real fond of this one because with the alignment done it doesnt have the pep my 1969 final had and the freq counter doesn't dim with the dimmer knob.Like my 2510 with help from rogerbird .I have a cobra 2000gtl that was gave to me that i brought back from the dead from a lightning strike,it was a pretty extensive fix.The freq counter was the hardest part for me due to the caps being soldered on both sides of the board.Anyways thank you to some of you guys for being so nice to answer my stupid questions and doing so in a nice manner.By the way i restore tube jukeboxes, video games, pinball machines for a living.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.