• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Convince me to keep my HR2600

I have the Lincoln from this series and it has worked solid the last 12 years plus and never went bad, sure the bulb blew but was easily replaced.

Sure to keep and not to sell

73s Simon

ajw2685 said:
Ok, I just purchased a HR2600 and now I am looking to sell it do to job problems. :( I stumbled across this forum and I am glad I did. There seems to be an absolute wealth of knowledge here unlike any other forum I have seen for radios and friendly people. Anyhow, I have this HR2600 in about 9/10 condition and it is unmolested. I have contacted Doc about modding it with a 2510 chip just so I can have 11 meters. I am worried about a few things though.

1. How reliable is the screen in terms of not burning out?
2. When it is converted with the 2510 chip, will it display the actual correct 11 meter frequency and not still say 28.xxx or 29.xxx but actually be on 27.xxx?
3. Are people really working the US on 50 watts SSB from this radio?

I only gave $150 and I am trying to sell it for $130 because I might be needing the money soon due to a wonderful job situation. The problem is I have discovered just what a prize I have and what it can be and really don't want to let it slip away.

The 2600 isn't the loudest radio out there by a longshot but it is worth more than what you paid because of versatility.

I got an email from Doc earlier. He got the 2510 chip in and will be tuning it soon. :D

My HR2600 is done and has a new final. Now I can't afford to get rid of this radio, I am $345 into it. :shock: :? There goes my radio funds for the next couple months. :(

Note to self. . . Next time, just drop the dime on something new and exciting.

Now if you will excuse me I am going to go and try to sit without screaming in pain.

ajw2685 said:
My HR2600 is done and has a new final. Now I can't afford to get rid of this radio, I am $345 into it. :shock: :? There goes my radio funds for the next couple months. :(

Now if you will excuse me I am going to go and try to sit without screaming in pain.
If you paid $150.00 , were you charged $195.00 for the final and 2510 board ?? Should have been a Chipswitch for that price.

unit725 said:
ajw2685 said:

If you paid $150.00 , were you charged $195.00 for the final and 2510 board ?? Should have been a Chipswitch for that price.

$55 for a 2510 chip and to have it installed
$50 to tune/mod it
$75 for a new/bigger final
$15 to ship it back

I did not want the chip switch. The added features were not useful to me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.