• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Corba 2000 need some help!

silvereagle1

May 4, 2012
Hi All. I have a Corba 2000 that I bought off Ebay. This is the something like I have never seen befor and I will do my best to tell you what it is doing. The first thing the Raido was to be stock no mods "wrong" it has extra channel's on it with a switch on the back which i will never use. That is the first thing the 2nd thing the meter lights do not work thast can be fixed. Now for the big one "wait for it here it comes" This thing dose TR RX BUT in order to do this you must plug the speker in the PA Speker hole flip the switch to PA and then you receve a real good RX. Now then in order to talk you must flip the switch back to CB. one more thing the volume nob will sometimes kill the sound and if you move it back or foeward the sound will come back on. NOW this is the 2nd one I have bought on Ebay and not that my wife cares but i am not about to tell here i am going to buy a 3rd LOL. So i need some help. If you can help on this I WOULD BE THANKFULL. God Bless.

i would check the volume switch,, maybe clean it with contact cleaner, it may be just wore out. when you use the pa function the volume will control the loudness of your output, maybe the plug in for the speaker needs cleaning too. just a few thoughts 73s midnight special

Hey Thanks! here the thing I cleaned the shi- out of it with contact clener Ialso did the boards the same way. Its kind of strange the only way to receve on this Raidi it to plug the speker in the PA plug and the only way you can transmint is by flipping the switch back to CB. I am not sure what going on.

If it does function in the odd manner you claim I would probably send it off. I just got a radio back from Doug at custom cb, 3 week total turn around time. You might also get with DTB here on the forum as well as Loosecannon. They both also work on radio's.

OK Found the problem its my D-104 Mic. I thought i would try the Corba mic sure enough that was it works like a champ. So need to find out what the deal is with the D104. Any help there will I will be thankfull. God Bless and Thanks.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.