• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Corner reflectors?

Do you use one?

The one's I've been looking at only have a driven and the 90 degree reflector. Arrow, I think, the link is on my laptop.

Are they superior to quads and yagis?

I was considering making a dual band yagi, square tubing boom with 144 on one side and 440 on the other with dipole driven elements.

The corner antennas look more compact.

A corner reflector antenna has other mechanical aspects that make them a bit 'different' than a typical yagi type antenna. They tend not to be 'balanced' mechanically, the mount being behind the reflector, not under it. Not really all that much of a problem, sort of, but still 'there'. They are fine for fixed directions. 'Different' when you try to turn them. On really high frequencies (UHF) their physical size tends to be sort of small. On VHF, not so small (as pointed out). 'Shape' has some potential problems too, as in wind loading. So, while they may have characteristics that make then 'better' than a yagi, they also have characteristics that make them worse in some ways. If they fit your needs, great! If not, then not so great.
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.