• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Countdown Until ........ Poof

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Seeking more comments from the guys on the east coast - last 2 or 3 days an op with a new setup showed up on ch 28. Going by Fireball, he's on there all afternoon right up until the propagation fades out on the grayline. Says is mobile and I think he said he's in Los Angles. Brags about having everything over-volted and maxxed out. Rig is throwing out the most viscious intermod products I've ever heard. His intermod is half duplicating his signal between ch's 13-15 at the same signal strength you see on 28. Praying he blows it all up today. Making our local talking channel unusable.

Seeking more comments from the guys on the east coast - last 2 or 3 days an op with a new setup showed up on ch 28. Going by Fireball, he's on there all afternoon right up until the propagation fades out on the grayline. Says is mobile and I think he said he's in Los Angles. Brags about having everything over-volted and maxxed out. Rig is throwing out the most viscious intermod products I've ever heard. His intermod is half duplicating his signal between ch's 13-15 at the same signal strength you see on 28. Praying he blows it all up today. Making our local talking channel unusable.
lies, not true! i hear fireball practically every day and on the waterfall he only splaters the typical 2-3 ch. not even close to your specified ch 13. stop your hate speech. you "pray he blows his stuff up". your a hate filled mudduck. all you do is post hate threads on stations that are bugging you. stop crying mudduck!

lies, not true! i hear fireball practically every day and on the waterfall he only splaters the typical 2-3 ch. not even close to your specified ch 13. stop your hate speech. you "pray he blows his stuff up". your a hate filled mudduck. all you do is post hate threads on stations that are bugging you. stop crying mudduck!
LOL. I've been on here nearly 15 years and that's hardly all I do. I'm sure he does "bleedover" many several channels but this is Intermodulation Spurious Products I'm referring to so get the extra peanut butter out of your ears and try reading the posts more carefully before you reply. You sure do talk alot of smack for having such a short, rusted groundwire from being out in the ocean for so long.

Hi,
I drive End Dump/Tractor Trailer Monday - Friday. Lately the bleed over from channel 11 is totally annihilating the use of channel 10 (which most of our facilities use for communication with drivers ). And any attempt to listen for road conditions, accidents, road closures on channel 19 has become next to impossible.
If I'm not within a few blocks of fellow drivers, there's no way we can talk using stock 11 meter radios.
I live on the East Coast. And I did make contact with Fireball last Sunday. Which is pretty cool! But these high powered rigs seem to have taken it upon themselves to broadcast like they are the MC of a radio show. I guess everyone has a part to play...?
On weekends as the sun rises and sets, it has become impossible to distinquish between the natural "skip" and radio operators running 500+ watt linears.
Come on guys! It would be great if everyone would just take a minute, and think of something civil and constructive to add, before posting.
Jimbo

Reactions: Wire Weasel

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.