• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CR2020 Battery replacement for FT-100D

AudioShockwav

Extraterrestrial
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nor Cal Sierra Nevada
(repair notes provided by Paulus, ZL3KZ)

If your rig is losing the memory frequencies, cranky, wont light, or start up, or any unexplained problem, just change the backup CR2020 battery and replace it with a CR2032-1F2 Tag PCB 3v battery. The problem with CR batteries is that with old age the voltage drops and the internal resistance increases. Testing old batteries will show no signs of notable voltage degradation and one might assume that by testing the battery that it is perfectly okay when it is not. Just change it, especially when it is over five years old. These CR2020 batteries does more just then backup the memory, it operates the processor. I discovered this when I replace this battery, none of the rigs settings and band memories were wiped out whatsoever, which one would expect when removing the battery source from a volatile memory device.

The hardest thing in New Zealand is finding and buying a CR battery with tags. The best thing to do is to log on to EBAY/PayPal - and search for, "Gameboy Advance battery Pokémon CR2032-1F2 Tag PCB 3v", eBay - bargainbatteryuk or contact Andy Foster angeandy@fsmail.net I highly recommend this dealer, the price and delivery is right.

To replace the battery, all you have to do is remove the top and bottom of the rig's case, remove the main control assembly, remove 4 countersunk screws ( these will be tight) that hold the main control assembly into place to the die cast housing , and then unplug three cables out of their slots ( it pays to number them) . Then unsolder the old battery, put some Sellotape on both sides of the new battery and carefully check the battery polarity with a meter before installing, then solder the new battery into place.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.