• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CR577 problem

buickid

304 'round the minigrass
Nov 22, 2012
Kona, Hawaii
Got a RF Limited CR577, which has been working great for me. Recently, it started acting strange. When I key the mic and apply a constant tone, the watt meter slowly rises to full output. Using the stock mic on the radio, the watts quickly jump to full output as expected. Once the output rises to full, as long as you don't release the key, it works as normal. I figure something must be on its way out on the little amplifier in the 577, perhaps a cap or something. A new fresh battery didn't change anything.

Anyone seen anything like this? Love the way this mic sounds.
-Trevor

Does it act up when you talk into the mic? It might not like the tone or signal input in your example.

Yeah even when talking. If I start counting up (ie. 1 2 3 4 5 6) as soon as I key, the first few numbers are soft, then increase in volume (confirmed over the air). Once it gets over that though, it works perfectly for the duration of that "key".

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.