1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

CR577 problem

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by buickid, Oct 15, 2013.

1. buickid

buickid Active Member

Got a RF Limited CR577, which has been working great for me. Recently, it started acting strange. When I key the mic and apply a constant tone, the watt meter slowly rises to full output. Using the stock mic on the radio, the watts quickly jump to full output as expected. Once the output rises to full, as long as you don't release the key, it works as normal. I figure something must be on its way out on the little amplifier in the 577, perhaps a cap or something. A new fresh battery didn't change anything.

Anyone seen anything like this? Love the way this mic sounds.
    -Trevor

2. 9C1Driver

9C1Driver Sr. Member

Does it act up when you talk into the mic? It might not like the tone or signal input in your example.

3. buickid

buickid Active Member

Yeah even when talking. If I start counting up (ie. 1 2 3 4 5 6) as soon as I key, the first few numbers are soft, then increase in volume (confirmed over the air). Once it gets over that though, it works perfectly for the duration of that "key".

4. hotrod

hotrod Well-Known Member

try waiting a second after keying it up [this is for am only]