• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Crossband to 28m (or so) ?

CB590

W9WDX Member
Jun 29, 2016
Trenton Nj
www.590dx.com
Has anyone thought about using a crossband radio such as the Kenwood TM-v71a and possibly taking the VHF side and using a 10m transverter on it.

Then effectively you could go from 70cm to 28 MHz (10m) ?

Station ID can be set in a menu for every 10 minutes per rule and also remote turnoff per rule with DTMF.

Thoughts?

I know a transverter is designed to convert 10m to 2m but I dont think it will do the same in reverse? I did put my TS 2000 in crossband repeat and used my ht to work from 440 fm to 10m ssb. Just wanted to see if it worked one day when the band was open. Worked New Jersey from my kitchen on the wouxun...

I know a transverter is designed to convert 10m to 2m but I dont think it will do the same in reverse? I did put my TS 2000 in crossband repeat and used my ht to work from 440 fm to 10m ssb. Just wanted to see if it worked one day when the band was open. Worked New Jersey from my kitchen on the wouxun...

Transverters do indeed work both ways. They HAVE too. That is why they are made.....to convert one band to another. If you are using a 10m to 2m transverter for instance you TX 10m into it and it outputs 2m. The receiver in the transverter then takes the received 2m signal and converts it down to 10m which it then outputs it to the 10m radio. It is basically an up-converter AND a down converter in the same box.

Reactions: Riverman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.