• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRT SS 6900 11 METER

I have been debating on getting one of these for a few months now. I am very curious about their performance.

Had it for two months now and love it, Low noise. The only thing i don't like is no mic gain and the freq. counter is a little off hot but overall a very good radio on am and a great radio on ssb.

where are these available in the US ?

Chet in Louisville brought in a few cases but are probably sold out by now.There are some of the Alpha 10 Max AM-1000 for sale in the USA but are the V1.I'd bypass the CRT and the Alpha 10 Max AM-1000 and go with the Maas or KPO DX-5000 V5, the latest updated version of this chassis.

ok

thanks i was looking at them at h$y looks like a nice rig.
but i did notice they do not include the software and cable with the radio.

Well I had one of the first Alpha ones with the RF Rain on the Gain control and really liked it on SSB, one of the neighbors wanted it to off it went, just got the CRT 6900 today, I'll let you know how it works compaired to the first version after I use it awhile

I like these aswell and will try one. They were selling pretty cheap at HnY when I called they wereold out and were not sure when more were coming.

Guess I was lucky to get mine then, so far so good, blude display on frequency and on channel display, has a lot more power than the Alpha I had and does recieve well, need a little more time using it to see what my locals say, the audio is so much louder on SSB when it was with the first version, I never took the stock mic out of the box I'm using the stock mic from a Magnum S9 WOW

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.