• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRT SS 6900

Tucker442

101E
Oct 30, 2010
Jamesburg NJ
Got one of these last week, Great Radio, a ton better than the Alpha 10 Max 1000 that I had, and this one doesn't have RF Rain for the Gain control LOL

its the same radio just rebranded .how can it be better?

the ones with rf rain control could turn out to be iconic due to the miswording and bring more money in a used market .

From what I have read this is version 3 of this chassis, my RF Rain was the first. This one has a lot less hash in the recieve and the audio output is kicking comapired to the first ones. The radio got here just doing 10 meters and I didn't have the programming stuff, then I read somewhere about cutting the green wire, holding the function and scan buttons while powering it up and it worked.

the CRT is Version 4.Maas, Anytone and KPO are now shipping V5 and that is expected to be updated this year.

Thank You IDM262. I sent CRT an email yesterday got an answer already this morning about the programming disc and cable. They said all warranty and accessory work will be done by H&Y Electronics, where I bought it. They said they are set up to do all repairs on it if needed.

Thank You IDM262. I sent CRT an email yesterday got an answer already this morning about the programming disc and cable. They said all warranty and accessory work will be done by H&Y Electronics, where I bought it. They said they are set up to do all repairs on it if needed.

Good luck with that if a repair is ever needed.

Yea I know, but, like in life, I give everybody a change. Until they do me wrong I will speak well of them. So far all my experiences with H&Y have been positive. You know how everybody raves about Sparky's well that has not been my experience, he might be a great radio tech, can fix anything but they sent me a radio that didn't work correctly right out of the box. So my thinking is, if I pay a little more to buy from Sparky and it gets here not working right why not just get it from Copper or H&Y and save a few dollars. I do understand Sparky stands by his new radios but to me they didn't take the time originally to see if the radio worked properly, it has been back to RCI Ranger for the second time, so no doubt this radio has issues that Sparky didn't see. It's a 2970N2 stuck in the transmit mode. Yea maybe they checked it's output but they sure never checked it's recieve because it doesn't recieve. The tech from the Ranger repair shop called me yesterday and said something about a bad cpu or the board that controls it so he's going to replace it.

i always thought h&y didnt warranty any item.

Thats where the programming cable and disc would be ones best choice because with nothing snipped / cut a master reset can be done to factory settings and you dont get the UUUUUMMMM, We cant warranty this because somebody was inside it and we know this because theres a green wire thats been cut" Which voids all warranty.

I just got an Email from H&Y and they said CRT had contacted them and they are shipping them the disc and cable for the SS 6900

The Maas includes the software in the box, probably the Anytones and KPOs do as well, I wonder why CRT doesn't include them????

To keep the price lower maybe?? I really stured up a hornets nest, sent an email to CRT asking about the cable, disc, and warranty. Next thing I know I get an email from someone in the UK that says they are shipping them to me, next H&Y sends me an email telling me they have them in stock even though their web site says they are out of stock, and that CRT had contacted them about it wondering why I sent CRT an email seeing as H&Y had them the whole time. The email I got from H&Y said that CRT had contacted them this afternoon, guess maybe CRT is serious about customer service? Who Knows, time will tell, I'll let you know when the cable gets here from the UK

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.