• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CTK Gun Vise & Shooting Rest

Slowmover

BANNED
Feb 17, 2015
Where the West Begins.
Anyone tried one? Found good reviews (gunblast & sooch); son indicates it’s the one he’d prefer. Nice all-purpose is idea. Rifle and pistol (extra cost options in all cases).

How about reticle levels? Looking at Wheeler at present.

Latest truckload times got screwed up so figured I’d burn some time at Bass Pro (who don’t carry the CTK).

As a side note, Trucking is a little removed from the mainstream, granted. Still, it was a surprise to see so many “Americans” wearing face diapers at a Starbucks I slipped into in Raleigh, NC. I “understood” the first month (March 2020), but not at any time since. All evidence is otherwise. Haven’t experienced that shameful sight in months.

Any opinions on riflescope bikini lens covers? Brand? Durability in field use? Lens caps ain’t gettin’ it.

This one has worked just fine me for the last 20 yrs or so and it's only a 20 dollar bill.
Segway.
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Also here:
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1009102415

Last edited:
Reactions: Slowmover
I have the wheeler level that sits on the action rails, and it doesn't work well at all. The barrel clamp level will work as well as you use it I suppose. I just eyeball the rifle level, then level the turret and scope mounted level. Shoot a few big box tests to be sure the reticle is tracking perpendicular to the turret, and all is good. If it's just a short range hunting rifle, I eyeball the whole thing.

I have the wheeler level that sits on the action rails, and it doesn't work well at all. The barrel clamp level will work as well as you use it I suppose. I just eyeball the rifle level, then level the turret and scope mounted level. Shoot a few big box tests to be sure the reticle is tracking perpendicular to the turret, and all is good. If it's just a short range hunting rifle, I eyeball the whole thing.

Thanks for that review. I’ve “eyeballed it” with a pocket level in past, but now that the rifke family is growing . . . .

It is so hard to find a level that has any reasonable degree of accuracy, that I just gave up. The last few times i used a level, it was a machinist level, and I just leveled the scope mount base to the turret.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?