• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Curious about a shop

roadrage

Has anyone ever bought anything from Clay's Radio shop? My first and second new radios were purchased down there. It was before I knew anything about CBs. The paperwork said more watts than the legal limit, and at the time that seemed awesome. The second radio ended up at DTB Radio. I have used DTB ever since. But my first radio is still kicking and I've been meaning to get inside and see if the limiter is cut or not. I am just currious if anyone on here has purchased a radio from them and if they're happy with it or not, and if they tune like Bells, DTB, etc; or if they tune like Sparky's, Copper, etc.

Now, neither radio's paperwork shows any rediculous claims. The 929 on low has 4W dk and swings 18W. On high 6W dk and 22W peak. The Cobra 29 was 4W DK and 18W peak.

:bdh:
if you look inside the radio to check the see if the mod limiter is there
and if it is then flip it over and double check to see if the trace circuit has not been cut.

clays radio shop use to tell folks if they bought antennas
to pull around the shop into this old car or truck wash bay inside and park and they would be right out to set the swr

I was just curious. I just never hear anyone mention Clay's, good or bad. I only use DTB these days.

I do plan on opening up that radio, but time is something I don't seem to have a lot of when its available. I put it in the wife's car. I have time when she's gone. When she's here, I have the dreaded and seemingly infinite hunny-do-list.

Last edited:
I was just curious. I just never hear anyone mention Clay's, good or bad. I only use DTB these days.

I do plan on opening up that radio, but time is something I don't seem to have a lot of when its available. I put it in the wife's car. I have time when she's gone. When she's here, I have the dreaded and seemingly infinite hunny-do-list.

I had a radio repaired by Clays in the past. No complaints, just a bad cap. Jesse James Dallas would be the man to give the best opinion about Clays. I do like that Clays will include a service check list of inventory of work completed on your radio. I stopped using Clays just because of shipping costs. DTB and Bob's CB i closer.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.