• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cushcraft A-627013S

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
Local Facebook Marketplace snag. Paid $60 and had to take down. It's in good shape. On the tripod, 6 and 440 is near flat with nice bandwidth, especially 440. I re-tuned 6 meters for 50MHz. Have about 700KHz bandwidth.

I'm replacing my 2 meter quad with it. It takes two runs of coax. 2 meters and 70cm is fed by one. 6 meters fed separately. Both will be fed with LMR-400UF. I've eyeballed this antenna in the past. It should provide good V/U locally. I'm just tickled to have something with a little gain on 6 meters

IMG_20200710_104639541_HDR.jpg

I like this antenna. It's heavy towards the front. Might benefit from a counterweight. I'm lucky that I can reach the gammas.

That's what I was wondering. I know it is lightweight but it can't be too good for the rotator being off balance so bad. I would definitely add a counterweight to the rear.

Yes, I might stick some weight inside the boom. I read where another user did just that. I shouId have heeded his advic. I do have somewhat easy access. It's also unwieldy when raising above your head to attach to the rotor. Antenna is only 10 pounds. It's kinda like putting up a V Quad.

I've been calling CQ on 6. Nothing yet, but gonna keep calling. I already feel the bug to replace it with a big jobber for 6. 5 elements on V/U is turning out to be just fine.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.