• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cushcraft Issues

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
Bought a 4 element dual band yagi. I have little gripe about the actual antenna, but the phasing harness is crap.

They use super cheap crimp on connectors that won't allow the center conductor to fully seat, which allows slop. The outer shell has a brass looking retaining clip which holds the out shell on. If you try to tighten to remove the slop, the ring snaps.

I had to replace all 4 connectors. This might be why eham flunkies are griping about SWR and tuning issues. Once fixed, the antenna required no tuning and works as I hoped. I'm using this yagi for fixed purposes.

I'm getting ready to order the 10 element dual polarity beam for regular CW/SSB use with a rotor on my hillbilly rooftop tripod contraption since it requires two feeds, I won't have to worry about junky connectors.

that harness was garbage 20 years ago when i got mine.
ended up making my own after the second replacement under warranty.
i do not remember the details but there are critical lengths to measure.
i would have thought this would have been fixed long ago.
letting defects go out the door for years driven by beancounters leads to failure and acquisition by mfj for pennies on the dollar.

Reactions: Mudfoot

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated