• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CW Morse code pratice program

C

CDX126

I'm getting ready to test out for my Amatuer Liscense in December and would like to find a good practice program to study with. Can anyone HELP. CDX126-Scott

Thanks Son Watcher, I should have known you'd be one to help me out. I appreciate it. If I pass I owe you a dinner someday. Scott

A great free way to learn is this site.

aa9pw.com/radio/

If nothing else you can use it to augment the course of your choice. Sometimes whatever you choose to use runs out of new material before you are ready and you memorize it. That is what happened to me. I used the ARRL CD. It is VERY boring. If I could do it again, I would use the Gordon West material.

mopar2ya said:
A great free way to learn is this site.

aa9pw.com/radio/

If nothing else you can use it to augment the course of your choice. Sometimes whatever you choose to use runs out of new material before you are ready and you memorize it. That is what happened to me. I used the ARRL CD. It is VERY boring. If I could do it again, I would use the Gordon West material.

I reckon different programs work better for some than others. I used Gordon West way back in the 80's.
:LOL:

CWM

G4FON seems to be reccomended a lot. I have no direct experience with it, though.

What I used to learn code isn't available any longer. It was a cartridge that a Commodore 64 used. It was great, though. You used the keyboard to respond to the character being sent and the faster you responded, the faster the program went.

cw

Hi its been a while but when i find the link if the site exists
post the link. But in the meantime try too look for a program on amateur links called (Morse Cat) it was A FREE program and found it to be a rather good example of a morse tool to use..very functional''easy to use, easy to set up.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.