• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CW on 11m

I think what you are hearing is from other countries due to skip, unless some ham op's decided to take revenge for truckers using 10 meters.

You wouldnt see any benefit from CW unless you narrow your receive bandwidth using filters intended for this narrow mode.
Same goes for PSK31. Wont see benefit from the channel filter standard on 11m SSB rigs.

But there are other modes available that you can reap the benefit, while using a SSB 11m rig in its virgin state. One that comes to mind is olivia, since it can operate with such a weak signal that you cant even hear it. Read on the internet about "Olivia, the Magic Digital Mode".
Seems to me it would be great for 11 meters.

Seems to me that PSK31 worked just fine on 11 meter SSB. Of course not as well with better filters, but still worked better than voice doing weak signal work.

QRL?

I've been hearing some CW on channel 38 lately, too.

Back in the '80's, I worked a station in the Azores Islands from my QTH in IL, using CW, on 27.4.

I heard from some of my EU 11m friends that 27.5 is a recognized worldwide CW frequency.

QRQ, anyone?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.