• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D-104 Silver Eagle amplified-TUG9

d104-

Been there. Done that

9- wires

black-RX
orange-?
white-Audio
red-TX
green-?
blue-common
yellow-for Johnson
gray-?
shield -connect to blue

8 pin connector

I do not own an FT2000, and have never wired a D104 to one, but if I was going to this is the configuration I would try. You are using this info at your own risk. I will not be held liable for any damage that may result from using this information.

Attachments

• ft2000micwiring.jpg
    ft2000micwiring.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 264
Been there. Done that

9- wires

black-RX
orange-?
white-Audio
red-TX
green-?
blue-common
yellow-for Johnson
gray-?
shield -connect to blue

8 pin connector

I have a virgin, like new D-104 T-UG9 and the mic cord is six wires as the UG9 stand should.. All you have to be concerned with on the D-104 are the white-audio, red-tx, blue-common and shield. I suspect someone replaced the cord on the T-UG9 stand you have with a 9 wire cord for whatever reason.

Just translate this over to the FT-2000 mic jack in and see how it sounds. You obviously can't use the D-104 for up/down freq functions but you could use the +8v to power the D-104 if you wanted to re-wire.

Our of curiosity, was that a typo, or does your mic really have the eagle emblem on the back and a TUG-9 stand? The Silver Eagle is supposed to have a TUP-9 instead. The P means that it has the Push-to-talk bar on the base. The G means it has the Grip-to-talk bar on the side _only_, and the base is gray instead of chrome.

If it's not a typo, then either someone took a Silver Eagle head and stuck it on a TUG-9 stand, or they just swapped out the head's back plate.

(Not that it really matters: the TUG-9 and TUP-9 stands both have a 6-wire cable and use the same wiring layout. And no matter what stand you have, the D-104 elements are all the same. So nobody on the air will ever know.)

-Bill

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated