1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

D-104

Discussion in 'CB Radio Gear SwapShop' started by BigLou, Sep 12, 2019 at 4:11 AM.

1. BigLou

BigLou Active Member

Hi guys I did git a old hand mic for my cb, now I am looking for a D-104 desk mic , tug 8 if I can find one. Must work and have a 4 pin plug i have a old RCI 2980. The mic can look like HELL as loung as it works good. I can not pay much so if you have one that's cheap let me no. I will not pay what that want on E-BAY for the junk thay have. Thanks

2. loosecannon

loosecannon Sr. Member

this one seems like a good deal:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Astatic-D-...094076?hash=item5b5bad167c:g:J54AAOSwyJNdUbmR

if you are looking to pay less than that for a D104, then i wish you good luck sir, as these are still very popular mics, and many are still being used these days.

also, finding an old D104 that doesn't need any work is tough even when you are willing to pay a lot for one.
    most likely you are at least going to have to replace the mic cord.
    LC

3. 543_Dallas

543_Dallas Sr. Member

Is that an un amplified d104? He doesn't show a picture of the bottom. The high impedance element connected directly to a modern rig doesn't sound good. Most of the original elements are shot anyway.

4. Road Squawker

Road Squawker Sr. Member

Wonder what the RED button is for....:rolleyes:

5. w9cll

w9cll W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

Echo Echo echo echo..

6. Woody-202

Woody-202 Active Member

I've found a several reasonably priced D-104s on E-Bay but like a lot of stuff now the shipping price really kills the deal. You might try getting out to a local Hamfest to find what you're looking for at the price you want. I'll be doing some "shopping" up at the Belton Hamfest on October 5th (and some selling too ).

7. BigLou

BigLou Active Member

OK guys that's all for this post. Got one for $38.80 shipped. It,s not a tug 8 its a 9. I may have to fix it I don't no but its not bad looking and all the parts are on & in it so I have something to start with anyways. My thanks to all...

8. Rob_MA

Rob_MA Active Member

Just purchased two amplified D104s off ebay for about $50 total from different sellers. You've got to be patient to get a good deal but these were in nice shape and worth it.

9. BigLou

BigLou Active Member

GOOD JOB Rob., now lets just hope all 3 work good.

10. Rob_MA

Rob_MA Active Member

Yes, they both did. One had a corroded battery so I replaced the 9v battery snap but that was it. Other than some paint scratching on the bases the chrome was in nice shape, too. Been in radio for over 40 years and these are my first D104s..

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.