• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D & A Dul-Comm for Linears? Ever see this one?

Checkerboard

Jul 17, 2006
For D & A tube amp aficionados- I own one of the D & A "Dul-Comm" boxes- it appears to let two linears connect to one antenna. I have no doc, so would appreciate anyone letting me know what this box does! Thanks, Checkerboard (I can try to post a picture if it would help...)

Checkerboard said:
For D & A tube amp aficionados- I own one of the D & A "Dul-Comm" boxes- it appears to let two linears connect to one antenna. I have no doc, so would appreciate anyone letting me know what this box does! Thanks, Checkerboard (I can try to post a picture if it would help...)

I'd bet it's either a diplexer, or a remote switch for seperate tx and rx.

--Toll_Free

Yeah, that's what I figured- a diplexer- but it'd have to be pretty well-engineered to isolate two hi-powered linears in such a small box. I'll get around to posting a picture hopefully tonight. I plan on selling it as I have no use for it. Maybe some D & A collector will care ...

Checkerboard said:
Yeah, that's what I figured- a diplexer- but it'd have to be pretty well-engineered to isolate two hi-powered linears in such a small box. I'll get around to posting a picture hopefully tonight. I plan on selling it as I have no use for it. Maybe some D & A collector will care ...

I know of a gentleman out here in Central California who back in the seventies used to run a D&A built device that combined the output of his two (2) Phantom 500's into one feedline. He also had a similar one splitting the inputs.
His station consisted of a Browning Golden Eagle Mark II into a D&A modified Hawk modulator/driver driving the input splitter, into the pair of Phantoms, their output into the combiner then into one feedline feeding a pair of stacked 6 element Hornets at 120'. Man oh man, could he talk!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.