• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D&A PDX-400 trimmer capacitor SWR problem. PLEASE HELP

Lawnmowerman427

Mar 21, 2014
I have a D&A PDX-400 and the SWR trimmer (small tuner knob) in the back had went bad and I replaced it with a new trimmer but it still didn't fix the problem. The SWR between the radio and the linear is sky high. Before the stock one went bad it was always good. Any ideas of what's going on with it or how to fix or bypass this completly and get a good SWR between the radio and linear?? It worked Excelent befor the trimmer went bad. Output was 800-850 watts. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Use a tuner or an old cb 'matchbox' between the radio and amp. The local Radio Shack still carries them and I'm sure some of the online cb shop do also.

I'll deffinatly give it a try! It worked great before the trimmer capacitor went bad. But with it the way it is the SWR stays sky high and it will key up but don't get any wattage output. Every now and then I can get the SWR to tune for a second and get good output wattage and then it just stops again and SWR goes high and no output again.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated