• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D&A t600 amp

Sep 13, 2005
California
Are D&A tube amps good? I have aquired a D&A T600 amp, it uses 2 plus 8 or so 6JE6C tubes. I am not sure if is good yet becouse I have not aquired my lic yet. Will it work on 11 meters?

I am not even sure how much watts it puts out?

Thanks
Jerry

Is this D&A amplifier an "Amateur" amp; does it have a "Band Switch" on it? If not I would suspect it is an 11 meter amp.

D&A amplifiers were popular amps back in the 70's but tubes were cheap then.

I am waiting for some parts to come so I hook it up, I will give it a whirl, I also need to find a owners manuel for it.

I am courious how much it puts out. I guess we will see.

Any other info on this would be great!

Thanks

I could not find a reference to a "D&A T600", but you did say that it has 10 tubes.

The CB Tricks web site has info on the D&A (Delany and Allen) line of amps. Go to Amp Section.

It sounds like you have the 4 driving 6 "Phantom 500" version under another model number.

The T600 was the upgraded limited version of the Phantom 10 tube.It had black cap 6MJ6 tubes and heavy duty transformers from the Warrior.This in my opinion is the best of the D&A amps in looks and performance.I had 2 of these amps and put out a great signal.Those tubes are getting rare and $$$$.By the way this amp did not tune well with 6je6's it was tuned for the 6mj6's go figure.

1200RI said:
.............By the way this amp did not tune well with 6je6's it was tuned for the 6mj6's go figure.

When you do fire it up, look to see where the variable capacitors (gangs) are meshed with the 6JE6's running, you may need to adjust the tank coils.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.