• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Daiwa 901 meter issue

It's connected to the same power supply that powers my radio. The cord is absolutely good, no issues with it at all. There's power inside the meter all over the place, except for the light bulbs. And all I had to do was run the negative from the jack in the back of the meter down to the case. Problem solved
OK now that I have read it again......and again......I am thinking they left out a ground. I;m guessing the meter lights use a single power wire and simply connect to the chassis on the other side. Sounds like that jack should have been connected to chassis ground. Both + and - wires from the jack go to the circuit board I am guessing. Crap like this is hard to solve unless you have hands on then sometimes five minutes and a multimeter will solve it.

Reactions: BJ radionut
OK now that I have read it again......and again......I am thinking they left out a ground. I;m guessing the meter lights use a single power wire and simply connect to the chassis on the other side. Sounds like that jack should have been connected to chassis ground. Both + and - wires from the jack go to the circuit board I am guessing. Crap like this is hard to solve unless you have hands on then sometimes five minutes and a multimeter will solve it.
Yes, exactly, except, the lights used to work without any coax being connected. I didn't tear the meter apart to actually check the lighting grounding source. I just happened to notice that while changing a jumper one day, the lights went out. Screwing the new jumper in place returned the lights. I didn't think it was a good idea to use the antenna shield as a DC ground, so just decided to ground the case with a jumper. I'm still scratching my head over the whole thing.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.