• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DAIWA CNA 1001 Auto tuner

Buzzard78945

Feb 8, 2020
C0B503CC-B75A-4390-936E-A7BC5F8308E0.png I wasn’t sure what category to post this in but this weekend I recently Picked up some gear with the purchase I got a AUTO ANTENNA TUNER

I have a Grey viper coil with a 5ft whip, 50ft RG8X down to my shack (it literally is a shack) hooked up to antenna tuner

Ok plugged in tuner got it all set up keyed the mic to see where I am on reflected power, had it on 10 meter band (closest setting to 11meter) and oh my goodness off the chart SWR like I’m not even hooked up to an antenna! So naturally I unkeyed really quick and went and got a junk radio;););)... hooked back up keyed hit the operate button to start the auto tune process had the mic keyed for a good 30 seconds SWR never lowered!!!????

so just messing around (can’t hurt this over modulating mutilated butchered radio I got for free) I ended up switching through the bands in between key ups and pressing the operate button I got to 21 or 24 band I can’t remember which one and boom SWR dropped pretty quick to almost nothing fine tuned with the knob on the right and I have perfect SWR...

My question is why am I a mile away from the band I’m suppose to setting up my SWR in and why won’t it work on 10 meter???

( I’m NEW )

Side note I do NOT have the antenna grounded to the antenna tuner
COULD THAT BE MY MALFUNKTION? :LOL:

You really want a good laugh the antenna is strung up a tree with a rope I threw over a high branch and fed down the other side... tied off to antenna hooked up coax and pulled it on up... we have 60-70 foot pines around here and I got up as high as I could apx 40 ft

It’s just for fun everyone simmer down :D:D:D
It’s not permanent either (y)

ok so anybody’s input ?

With it being just a regular antenna you normally mount to a truck and have a ground plane idk... but what I do know... like I said I switched to a different band on the tuner and poof hit almost perfect right away

OH AND I did ground the antenna tuner to the tin walls of the shack sooo maybe ground plane through there??? Don’t butcher me on that one I’m new here :D

Any and all input/explanation/know how/anything at all is much appreciated

The pic is not of my exact one just for reference
Pic credits go to Google / Radio world UK

THANKS,
The BuZZard

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.