• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Daiwa PEP Meters

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
I've owned 2-3 of the Daiwa 901HP meters. Lately, I've read some hate comments about them. I watched a TRXBench video last night. He modulated a two tone pulse thru it. The single tone read like it should between RMS and peak. They maintained the same reading as it should. When fed the 2 tone, the reading decreased.

He was checking it against an LP200A, which of course, read correctly. I don't have the ability to replicate. Wondering if someone can test their Daiwa.

Just curious.

My first meter was junk. Way off calibration. It went back. Second meter is close to the LP100a. The bird meter shows more power than the LP. And daiwa. The LP is a odd meter sometimes shows more than the bird. But usually shows less power.

Was looking at Daiwa 901HP3 meter to use on the base setup and replace my non-peak MFJ-822 (which only shows me swing on sideband mode which may or may not be accurate).

Doe the 901HP show AM dk and PEP?? Never seen anyone do an AM pep test with it.

I've used it on SSB and it does do PEP and it measures it properly. I will say though, and they do say in the manual, that the meter accuracy does alter over the scale, it's not entirely linear, and it's only really accurate at full scale deflection. It could be why some are finding it reading different than other meters mid-scale.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
Was looking at Daiwa 901HP3 meter to use on the base setup and replace my non-peak MFJ-822 (which only shows me swing on sideband mode which may or may not be accurate).

Yes but read the manual it says minimum wattage is 4 or 5 watts.

Last edited:
I've owned 2-3 of the Daiwa 901HP meters. Lately, I've read some hate comments about them.

Just got a Daiwa 901 HP delivered today that I bought from HRO. It was defective right out of the box. Power needle was buried, and no amount of adjustment on the front of the meter would even bring it close to zero. The SWR/reflect needle was spot on.

Anyway, Ham Radio Outlet is sending me a new one plus paying for the ride back for the defective Daiwa. Wish I would have kept my 501 now!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.