• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dak IX extra front switch question

darticus

Oct 17, 2011
Dak IX extra front switch question
I know these switches were placed to switch to new added channels. I never used this feature but does anyone know how it worked. The switch has only two positions. In the up position it seems like regular channels 1-40. I don't know what it would be if I put the switch in the lower position. I don't hear anything when in the lower position. How many channel should it be with the new ones? The wire on the switch does goes to a green wire in the pll circuit so its probably for channels. I do notice that if I change REGULAR channels it seems like I have to turn the set off and than on again to get it to receive on this channel. This could be another problem. ANY INPUT TO THE OUTPUT? Thanks Ron

Attachments

• 20121201_2.JPG
    20121201_2.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 1

I take it that you don't have a frequency counter.

Most of the time radios that had the PLL opened up went to the 'upper' channels, that is 27.415 through 27.805 (or channels 41 through 80 for simplicity). They had the usual 20kc skips in the usual places.

However some people set it up for 40 channels below channel 1.

What's where? Without a counter it's hard to say but if indeed it has the uppers assume that with the switch down channel one becomes 41 and works up from there.

That you aren't hearing anything at all with the switch down leads me to think that you may have the lower channels, which were never as popular with the freebanders as the upper ones, at least as far as sidebanders were concerned. The AM guys frequently used them though.

Inline frequency displays are cheap, consider purchasing one and know for sure!

As to why you have to turn the radio on and off sometimes to receive anything, that sounds like a separate issue.

Thanks for that info. Gonna talk to Santa about that frequency counter thing. TFC3001S Looks cool! Ron

I take it that you don't have a frequency counter.

Most of the time radios that had the PLL opened up went to the 'upper' channels, that is 27.415 through 27.805 (or channels 41 through 80 for simplicity). They had the usual 20kc skips in the usual places.

However some people set it up for 40 channels below channel 1.

What's where? Without a counter it's hard to say but if indeed it has the uppers assume that with the switch down channel one becomes 41 and works up from there.

That you aren't hearing anything at all with the switch down leads me to think that you may have the lower channels, which were never as popular with the freebanders as the upper ones, at least as far as sidebanders were concerned. The AM guys frequently used them though.

Inline frequency displays are cheap, consider purchasing one and know for sure!

As to why you have to turn the radio on and off sometimes to receive anything, that sounds like a separate issue.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.