• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dak repairs neeeded and few questions

T

TonyV 225

Hi all my forum friends I have a problem I have a DAK model IX AM only radio that needs lights replaced and some fixing. My problem is I dont know who would or even still could service these I have no literature or knowledge on this type of radio so I will not even waste my time to attempt fixing it. Does anyone out here know of someone who can or has worked on these radios??? I want it to go out once and come back fixed I dont want to be sending it here and there so it must be someone who can fix this big boyitb lights up and all but Im not sure about anything else I dont have a mic and not sure if I have a mic diagram for DAK . Its a 4 pin is all I know this radio looks really cool and I cant wait to get it up and running. For all I know it may work once a mic is wired for it. Also anyone who has ran one or that can tell or share any info on these would be greatly appreciated. I would like to know how they sounded and how reliable they were also who was the company resposable for these or was it a small company actually behind this radio I was told they made a sideband version I would like t5he model number of that rig and would like to purchase one. Is it possible to add frequencies any info would be awsome. I was thinkin about havin this one done up and add another power supply and a small foot amplifier inside with switches on front Im sure theres plenty of room inside these big daddys. Its all just an idea so far but anythings possible take care everyone and thanks to those who can help...... Tony......

</p>

They were very impressive radios in their time.

The radio was manufacured by MH Scott company.

The SSB version of the base was a DAK X.

The SSB Version mobile was a DAK VI

There were several AM Mobiles that I knew of,

DAK II, DAK III and I think a DAK IV and a DAK V.

I have Owned a DAK X, a DAK III and a DAK VI.

I have worked on a All that I owned and also a DAK IX for a friend.

As far as I know the III, VI, IX and X are convertable for extra frequencies.

Service info for the IX can be found at CB Tricks:

www.cbtricks.com/dak/IX/index.htm

I liked the radios, but from reading what I have from others, the bases were not top of the line, and were popular because of the

the 'RadioTelephone' Rack mount look, and their Tube amplifier sections.

I sold My X about 6 years ago, but it was always a hoot to use.

Roger

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=rogerbird1>Rogerbird1</A> at: 10/16/04 11:46 pm

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.