• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

darn sell 1 radio but

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
gain another. traded my lincoln vII and got early stryker sr 955 hp.traded it for a new version II 955. then sold a ssb kenwood 2 meter radio. then i bought a same as new anytone 6666. im putting the 6666 in the newest kenworth.. 1 more radio n im selling the bearcat 980's
955 is on base,for now the 6666 was in house then my pickup. got a radio coming here from shop any day via snail mail that goes in my pickup.it gets here then the switch party.

gain another. traded my lincoln vII and got early stryker sr 955 hp.traded it for a new version II 955. then sold a ssb kenwood 2 meter radio. then i bought a same as new anytone 6666. im putting the 6666 in the newest kenworth.. 1 more radio n im selling the bearcat 980's
955 is on base,for now the 6666 was in house then my pickup. got a radio coming here from shop any day via snail mail that goes in my pickup.it gets here then the switch party.
For me, trying to keep up with all of that would drive me crazy. LOL

I have a similar problem, but its more of "buy 1 radio, and buy 3 backups of the same radio." :p Luckily its all the older CB stuff. Newest one I have is the 980 SSB and thats it.

For me, trying to keep up with all of that would drive me crazy. LOL

That's why I went for the Yaesu FT710 and Ameritron AL 80A. Everything else except the TRC 457 (just for asthetics) went into the closet. Wife was getting annoyed with the radio clutter. Now she's happy. I'm happy. If I'd just spent the 2k ish up front and saved by not spending on all the RCIs the Presidents, Magnums, the Cobras..various amps..no I dont want to think how much I would have saved... lol. Good luck @Rwb it's a sickness. Lol.

I'm saved from the curse of buying too many radios by the simple fact that I just don't have the money to spend on them ! Life is expensive these days with the cost of everything going up up up; especially up here in the Canadian wilderness.
There's no CB or electronics store within hundreds of miles of here so everything has to be purchased online which just adds to the expense.
I did treat myself to a new Anytone 6666 for my car this year, and that is the ONLY new radio I have bought in at least 30 years. Every other purchase has been something used. Good thing I know how to fix them and keep them running forever LOL!

the radioshack/uniden pc 122 arrived along with my lil italy. both were mounted in my pickup so today im putting my 6666 in big truck n parking the 980 from newest truck.
must say scott got her tuned RIGHT

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.