• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dave Made Amp...Jersey or Joe made?

This amp has been repaired but it will eventually be returned back to its original condition or as close to it as possible. My interest is...was this a Jersey Dave Made amp which it is.

What's the difference, they do the same output. Joe's amps have gold cases and I think the NJ ones were lighter in color, if not white. As far as the huge power wires feeding that amp, absolute overkill. Look at the 2 teflon wire wrapped ferrites going from the power strip to the output transformers.....kind of small but that is all you need for such a short run.
#10 wire is all you need from the power strip to the outside of the amp, most builders use #8.

My God that is the worst soldering I have ever seen on the Negative and Positive power in leads. booger city, looks like they used a 30 watt iron and just globed on the solder until it kinda held the wire on there... man you need at least a 250 watt gun for that if you ask me

It has been confirmed by those who know much more than I (which is most of you) that this is indeed a Jersey Dave Made 2x4 Amp. It has two 2290's driving four 2879's. Lige is good! (y)

DaveMadeCB018.jpg

DaveMadeCB011.jpg

DaveMadeCB005.jpg

DaveMadeCB009.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
for the power wires a high watt gun would not be an issue, I would not use it on anything sensitive (pills,PLL, anything tiny) But for power wires it's no big deal

FX.....I'm sure you'll find superglue on the bottom of that farkled ground wire connection to the board.
I can't believe the guy has that thing for sale at $300 on mauldroppers.
Tuning caps missing...ect.
That is just aggravated assault on a Davemade.
Some people shouldn't allowed to drive.....some shouldn't be allowed to hold public office......clearly this fella should be banned from soldering.

Soldering #4 wire to the board with a 30 watt iron would be like trying to remove a truck's lug nuts using a 6" crescent wrench.

Last edited:
FX.....I'm sure you'll find superglue on the bottom of that farkled ground wire connection to the board.
I can't believe the guy has that thing for sale at $300 on mauldroppers.
Tuning caps missing...ect.
That is just aggravated assault on a Davemade.
Some people shouldn't allowed to drive.....some shouldn't be allowed to hold public office......clearly this fella should be banned from soldering.

Soldering #4 wire to the board with a 30 watt iron would be like trying to remove a truck's lug nuts using a 6" crescent wrench.

This fella didn't do the work if u must know I know how to solder and worked in building way more complicated electronics than a cb amp , and did if for years in manufacturing plants all I did was replace the wires at the relay and replace a pill so ban some one for what ? If you have seen the thread that this amp was in you would know these things .

I dont push stuff out as more that it is I shoot it strait the best I can and give as much info as I got no bs I have a good rep and try to keep it that way even on eBay

U don't have to buy it but because it looks bad don't mean it don't work

This fella didn't do the work if u must know I know how to solder and worked in building way more complicated electronics than a cb amp , and did if for years in manufacturing plants all I did was replace the wires at the relay and replace a pill so ban some one for what ? If you have seen the thread that this amp was in you would know these things .

I dont push stuff out as more that it is I shoot it strait the best I can and give as much info as I got no bs I have a good rep and try to keep it that way even on eBay

U don't have to buy it but because it looks bad don't mean it don't work

It all depends on whether you want something that looks like either one of these. There is no difference between a Dave or Joe made other than one is made in the south and the other is made up north.....a copy is a copy.
The bottom amp is a worldwide MF400 which I sold to a local and it's a work or art. Davemades are fine Class C amps unless they are raped by self proclaimed techs.

DaveMadeCB011.jpg

001.jpg

Last edited:
It looks identical to the M400SE I purchased which was built by Joe 6 years ago in South Carolina I believe.

Those cables pictured there were added after the amp was purchased, I can assure you of that as both builders used #10 awg.

But I did have an SSB delay added to mine pre-shipping.

0011nu.jpg
Joe is in NC

Welcome to the forum.
Just to let you know, Mack is no longer a member here, this thread is 8 years old.
And Joe has been building DM knock offs for years, but he is not the DM from New Jersey.
And after speaking with him on the phone years ago...
Lets just say his customer service leaves a LOT to be desired.

Jeff

Reactions: tecnicoloco

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.