• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Davemade 2x6

jessejamesdallas

Apr 4, 2005
Republic of Texas
I'm thinking of changing radios in my Van, and I have a 2x6 Davemade in it right now, so I'm wondering just how much radio I can run into the DM...(40w swing...50? 80?)

Right now I have a Galaxy 93t which swings right at 50w's which works ok, but I'm wondering if the DM could handle something with a little more kick.

Jesse off hand I would say your already kicking it pretty hard. Since your amp has a 2 pill driver stage you can run a simple 25-30 watt radio and let the drivers do all the hard work. By running more peak input all you will do is stress your amp more and cause it to run hotter. All that for a handfull of watts that no one will even notice.

Here some info I got from the X-Force site.........yea yea I know you have a Davemade but the facts are pretty much the same. The next difference is the TnT amp listed is class B and not a class C splatter box. But you can still see what the suggested dead key and peak input levels are.

TNT T1200

Transistors 2 SC2290 driving 6 x 2SC2879
Dimensions H 4 3/4' x L 12' x W 7 3/4'
Amp Draw (maximum) 120
Class B biasing
SSB Delay yes
Pre-amp yes
Driver Required N/a
Power Output (RMS) 400 Watts
Power Output (PEP) 725 Watts
Driven Power (RMS) 650 Watts
Driven Power (PEP) 1200 Watts
install recommended with 2ga wire
and 150a fuse. Max input carrier of
3-4w or 450w max carrier from amp.
Max peak input 40w

Back when I used to run AM alot I remember talking to you. I thought you were is Texas by the Rio Grand maybe. You were smoken up here in Indiana no doubt.

Last edited:
Jesse off hand I would say your already kicking it pretty hard. Since your amp has a 2 pill driver stage you can run a simple 25-30 watt radio and let the drivers do all the hard work. By running more peak input all you will do is stress your amp more and cause it to run hotter. All that for a handfull of watts that no one will even notice.

Here some info I got from the X-Force site.........yea yea I know you have a Davemade but the facts are pretty much the same. The next difference is the TnT amp listed is class B and not a class C splatter box. But you can still see what the suggested dead key and peak input levels are.

TNT T1200

Transistors 2 SC2290 driving 6 x 2SC2879
Dimensions H 4 3/4' x L 12' x W 7 3/4'
Amp Draw (maximum) 120
Class B biasing
SSB Delay yes
Pre-amp yes
Driver Required N/a
Power Output (RMS) 400 Watts
Power Output (PEP) 725 Watts
Driven Power (RMS) 650 Watts
Driven Power (PEP) 1200 Watts
install recommended with 2ga wire
and 150a fuse. Max input carrier of
3-4w or 450w max carrier from amp.
Max peak input 40w

Back when I used to run AM alot I remember talking to you. I thought you were is Texas by the Rio Grand maybe. You were smoken up here in Indiana no doubt.

In Texas alright...But closer to Dallas. (just east of Dallas about 20 miles)

That info on the TNT is just about what I'm seeing with the radio I have now...1200w swing with the radio's DK set at 2w's...

Main reason I was thinking of getting another radio, is the 93t I have, was one of the first generation 93t's that came out, and although I like just about everything about the radio, It really needs some cosmetic work done to it to get it back looking like what it cost!

Meter quit working long time ago, back-lite face plate no longer works, and I'm sure it could use a good "going threw" to get everything back working 100%...I've lost count on how many different Golden Screwdriver Techs have had their fingers inside...

Been looking at the Stryker 447 is the reason I brought this up. And I noticed after tuned, most of the sites selling the radio say they swing from 70-75w+...(60w out of the box) Which if thats the case, I want to be sure I'm not going to be frying my DM...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.