• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DC power cords?

KW4HKY

Feb 16, 2010
A good friend gave me an IC V8000, if I get it repaired. I have one problem though. $35 PLUS shipping for a fused DC cord???

Does anyone make an aftermarket cable? If I just had the plug I could wire i the fuses.

I guess I could clip the plug off the radio and wire the fuse holders and spade connectors myself.

IC can't have $5 in that cord.:(

Amazing, huh? Must be nice being able to get that kind of price. They all do it. And you're right, find the right plug for the radio and it's much cheaper.
- 'Doc

You can get them for about 15 bucks if you hunt around....I have had to but a bunch with 2 cars set for mobile HF and VHF/UHF and the house. some of them are designed better than others, and what's pictured is not always what comes in the mail, but I have yet to get a bad one. When you buy some of the after market ones...you get and extra connector with them too...which you might be able to put to some use...

John - KE4HGR

Happy Veterans Day To All That Served!!
US Navy '85-'90

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.