• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

delta magunm cb radio

military mike

Jun 25, 2014
Hello all...... I have a delta magunum cb radio and there is no power the power stops in the radio I think it is the protection diode... I have fixed many but none on a delta can someone tell me the code or number of it in the radio I don't know witch or were it is please help or any other suggestions thanks

the protect diode should be D243 or D244 by the power plug. hard to read the schematic but D243 looks to be ther main one. just check both to be safe

Reactions: 2 people
Also flip the radio over and make sure no traces are burned. Had a radio that the protection diode didn't blow and it took out a small piece of the main power trace on the board, easily fixed with some solder but have to be careful not to ruin board either. Just my experience. Sonoma knows his stuff so check where he is telling you first. Hope you get it fixed and god bless.

You know more than me Sonoma, just going off my own experiences lol. Been there and done that! Have a great one and god bless

here is the info for the delta force radio and it has the parts layout. D244 is back by the speaker jacks and D243 is by the trans former. looking at the layout it looks like D244 is between the power wire's. that should be the main diode but not sure how this radio is set up after looking at the schematic. have only worked on one of them in 15 years.

Magnum Delta Force Service Manual

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
The Delta Force Export radio is a super old school unit, I love them. Hope you can get her up and running.

Hi guys thank you for the help I removed the diode (pride tion ) it was 244 :) so I tryed it with out it in and nothing I put one back in not the same type though as I didn't have any it was a in5401 so then tested power on board it is there. Any more help would be great is there something else I should be looking at.

where is the power stopping at inside the radio?
you make it sound as if the power did not go to the board at all as if the protec diode was blown.
you need to check to see if power goes to the on off switch and check the 8 volt rail .
just what is the radio doing, such as no lights at the front end , no needle movement, nothing has power inside the radio etc.

delta .ag

Hi sonma the diode was ok the power I got a reading on the board or diode the radio was working and then just shut down as the driver of the truck said. It is just dead. I tested the power switch I got nothing. As I'm learning as I go with this hippy of mine I do like having help. So anything u suggest ill try so no light no meddle no nothing? I'm sure it could be fixed thanks in advance for you input. Mike aka cb military mike...

you will just have to start at the back of the radio where the power wires hook to the board and start checking where you have voltage. look for a blown trace in that area.this is one item you will just have to look for voltages on the board and see where you have it at. the voltage coes in at the back of the board then goes to the power on off switch basically before it goes to any other places. check for power all around the transformer in the back of the radio where D243 is at also.with the switch off you should have power at the regulator bolted to the side of the case on 1 leg with the switch off.

Flip the radio and you can see where the traces for the power come to the back of the board, slowly look at each trace in this area for a broken trace where the copper has most likely split apart if this is the issue. A bit of solder and a quick hand can fix most small cuts in the trace. Look at it like a puzzle almost. You know where the power starts at the rear, now verify which is the hot lead and trace on down the line.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.