• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Deltaforce???

King Mudduck

FEAR THE DUCK!
May 6, 2005
285 South Western Virgina waving!
I picked one for $50.00. Looks good but it is only doing 19 watts on am and about 12 on ssb and thats after i did a retune on it just to make sure it was right. I thought these things were good for at least 30!

I'm not sure how old it is but even still, 19 watts?

King Mudduck said:
I picked one for $50.00. Looks good but it is only doing 19 watts on am and about 12 on ssb and thats after i did a retune on it just to make sure it was right. I thought these things were good for at least 30!

I'm not sure how old it is but even still, 19 watts?
need a little more info.
what type of meter ya usr to see this output
did ya use a dummyload instead of a antenna
generally with justy the basic peak an tune 30 watts is about it

is the variable output working? don't know why someone would clip it as it has a modulation vol in the echo board and stock mic for audio....

magnumDeltaforce.JPG

Converted Magnum deltaforce doing 40watts....

King Mudduck said:
3 different meters, all dosey.
No dummy load Imax 2000 with SWR at 1.2.

19 watts am 12 watts ssb. I wonder if the driver final could be bad. I has had the modulation limiter removed but other than that i see nothing else out of place.

Think about why if the driver was bad you would not see the wattage you see.
Lose the Dosy's

OK so let me ask you this. Is there an equivalent final that i can buy at Radio Shack for this radio or will i have to by two 1969's which is whats installed now. The reason i ask this is because the local CB shop wants $20.00 for one 1969 or i will have to do the mosfet final upgrade which will be even more. I dont mind doing that but i hate to spend that much money on a $50.00 radio if i can find an another way.

Thanks for your helps guys!

hotrod said:
id put the 2/1969 back in it.then put limiter back in place

ya I second this!
A 50 dollar radio...thats maybe what you payed for it but its more then a 50 dollar radio as for the mosfet mod what ever way is cheaper for you ...2SC2166 driving 2 2SC1969's
AS for that CB shop ,that wants $20.00 for one 1969
tell him to go fly a freaking kite :p

You can order one off the net for cheaper or Ebay
2 for 13.50 shipped to you http://cgi.ebay.com/2SC1969-RF-Powe...yZ109456QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or look up a CB20W :)

or if you have 2 2312's laying around you can pop them in or one in to see if you have higher watts did you try turning the vr up to key 10 watts? that radio un-cliped won't key a full 30watts unless you turn the rf knob up..or use my swing mod..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.