• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Did it again! (plus a question...)

guitar_199

Mar 8, 2011
Deer Park, TX
"Every now and then a blind pig can find an acorn" - Bob R.

Just got back from a road trip over to Baytown (20 minutes away). In the car with me on the return trip.....

1) Tram D201A (40 channel version)
2) Astatic D104 mic wired for the Tram.

$40

I do not know if the radio works or not but I DO KNOW it needs a good cleaning. I may throw together a "dim bulb" just to see if anything is shorted in there. Then again... I may not do anything until I recap it. Also the wood end panels have scraped edges.... kind of like road rash.

Question: I have never owned ANY kind of D104 mic before. Has anyone actually seen a version that is non-amplified? I had never heard of one. but I noticed that there was no pot shaft in the hole in the base... so I pulled the bottom cover off.... lo and behold.... the switch is the only thing in there. No electronics.

Attachments

• 20220119_120639.jpg
    20220119_120639.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 13

more than likely the ug stand and d104 head is original to the tram,,, my tram d 201 has its original ug stand and d104 head,,, no amplication needed if it hasnt been operated in a while ya might have to play with the tune and load into a dummy load and watt metter,,

Reactions: tecnicoloco
In looking around I have seen that! The fact that they did come with an unamplified D-104. I had never heard of that before....but this jolly well MAY be the original mic for the radio!!!

more than likely the ug stand and d104 head is original to the tram,,, my tram d 201 has its original ug stand and d104 head,,, no amplication needed if it hasnt been operated in a while ya might have to play with the tune and load into a dummy load and watt metter,,

Sounds like it might be the original OEM D104. Unamplified because of no need to impedance match the Hi Z mic cartridge to the Hi Z tube radio. Hope the cartridge is still good.

Reactions: loosecannon
Great deal ! I have been getting sorta lucky lately too, one deal I got a Turner M+3B and an og RK-56 thrown into the deal for $9 and another one that I'm working on has a brand new 2 pill and og RK-56 for $30. Gotta keep hustling.....

Reactions: Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.