• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Did your XYL coerce you into doing any Honey Doos this weekend?

KF6IRK

Kapt. Irk
Mar 2, 2013
So Cal
Our little veggie garden suffered damage from the intense sun last year, so my wife wanted me to do something about it.

So I ran down to Homie Depot, bought a bunch of redwood and built a small 'pergola' for her.

I still need to run some slats across the top and some stain or clear Varathane, then staple sun screen material on it, but its almost done.

She says I can mount a solar panel on top too :laugh:

What did YOU do?

Attachments

• Pergola3.JPG
    Pergola3.JPG
    405.1 KB · Views: 188

Just put a UV Stain on it. Also make sure you don't finish the project all the way. Otherwise you will be hearing from us poor slob's who can't seem to finish a honey do list!

Very nice Mark! We did some shade cloth installation in our greenhouse because the heat was so intense, even with a high pressure misting system. I call the stuff sizzaline (spelling) screen, its comes in green and black so far as ive seen and we realized a 20 degree temp drop!

Yes i had a honey doo as well, i got to scrub the RV awning. Along with that i had to remove the cover on the back half of the engine and front half of trans and work on the carburetor to try to remedy a fuel leak and a 1200 rpm idle on a big block. All were successful. Clean dry awning and a 750rpm idle

Thanks Rob. Glad to hear you got the RV fixed up. Are you taking it to Field Day?

Picked up a gallon of Behr semi-transparent stain for it this afternoon. Want to stain all sides of the lumber before screwing the top slats down. We saw the green and black fabric, but got some tan stuff.

Still experimenting with different designs for the top of the pergola, so this is just a mock-up for now.

Attachments

• pergola4.jpg
    pergola4.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.