• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Digital Software-which do you use?

K8PG

The Outer Limits
Jul 7, 2006
Chatham MI. EN66mi
Good evening fellow radio ops:
I was just wondering what program-s software everyone is using. I use Multi-Psk.,Digipan, MMSSTV.I use the Multi-Psk the most,its kind of busy with all that it can do,I think it has over 30 different modes,Iam still learning all that it does,Ive used Digipan for about 4-5 yrs and is a great program,I really like MMSSTV but still learning that one also :D I use a MFJ-1279
soundcard interface and Windows XP Home,with A Gateway laptop pc at 1.8 GHZ with 1024 ram,into a FT 990,usually at about 20-50 watts and can QSO just about everything I hear.I like the FM Hell mode and Olivia-250,PSK31 and then RTTY,I operate all bandsLast winter I had some fun on 160 with psk,hell and rtty,bot much activity going on their but starting to pick-up more and more every yr.Right now the QRN is killer,Iam just trying for a few new ones on cw if I can hear them.I also have cw get and cw send but dont use them,I think they are BUGGY,its always freezing up when Iam listening to W1AW bulls.I uninstalled it.Well lets see what your using?

DE-K8PG-PAUL CW LIVES :D :p

I like MixW. I also sometimes use MMSSTV. I've used Digipan in the past, but for some reason I just like MixW better.

Multi-PSK and MMSSTV is great! I also liked messing around with Analyzer2000. Good stuff.

I have some others, but I'd have to go check what they are :)

Did SSTV for years. I've used almost everything from DOS programs (can't remember the name of it now) to MMSSTV and ChromaPix. All except the DOS program have their good and bad points. Worst part about ChromaPix was the cost, but considering what you got, well worth it (also my favorite). BUilt my own interfaces till I got tired of it and then used a RigBlaster. Is the "Zipper Ripper" still active?
- 'Doc

Geekster said:
Anyone here use Ham Radio Deluxe?

I just picked up an ICOM 706 and may try out this program.

I've used it to control an R5000 receiver - fairly slick program. Good support forums, too. Eventually I'll connect up an Elecraft K2 (or two), my TS440S and a few other RS-232 controllable rigs to the PC and let HRD do the rest.

The HRD installation I'm using runs off a bootable (BartPE-based) XP/SP2 CD-ROM. The logs are written to RAM and USB flash drives. Don't have to worry about a corrupted or faulty hard disk when running the setup during a heated contest...with people knocking things around and whatnot.

A friend @ work who has a 706 uses HRD to control his rig. The program gets favorable comments from him.

I have been using the software mentioned above and have noticed something this past couple of weeks. There seems to be a lot of RTTY being used. As I followed it I noticed the conversations are very short. Either a "test" or a quick refernce to QTH. I find PSK31 and CW enjoyable to listen to thru the software but it seems RTTY are just sound bites. Does anyone here use this mode ? If so what appeals to you about it over , say, PSK ?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.