• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Do you QRP?

You'll be surprised. Remember..from 10 watts to 100 watts is..er, 10 db! Now, if somebody transmitting with 100 watts is 10 db over s9..they'll be S9 with 10 watts. It's not that much. And if you were running a kilowatt you'd be 20db over S9. The point is S9 is plenty as long as you have a clear frequency and propagation is in your favor. AND the equipment is super portable so you can hike around with it.

Reactions: 1 person
I have worked Australia to Morocco to Reunion from Texas with 20 watts and a mobile 60 inch antenna. Not true arp....but it's as low a wattage as I can turn down to....worked s Africa a few weeks back with 20 watts, the Africa Qso was a 3 way with a northern Ontario station working with .470 watt. The South African station heard both myself and 9 div. the same.
I don't think running a kilowatt will work any better than 20 watts is the band is open....it just creates more qrm?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.