• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Does anyone happen to have a paper copy of SAMS CB-104 ????

guitar_199

Mar 8, 2011
Deer Park, TX
I am trying to help out our new friend Champo.

He is working on a "Smokey 23" AM set..... needs a schematic and whatever info he can get....

He showed me the PCB and it has "ACT 1914" labelled on it.

I was able to find that the brand Romar had a CB model # ACT-1914. It is in SAMS CB Photofact CB-104.

While it may NOT be the same..... if someone had that manual and could look.... we could at least KNOW whether he should order it or not.

[edited to add]
CB-104 ALSO has a Beta brand radio that has model number "ACT-1914".

I am betting that the ACT-1914 is used in both of these radios..and also the Smokey 23.
At least.... I am hoping......

If someone with Cb-104 could check that and see if it looks like the same chassis. Champo has pics in his other thread!

Thanks on behalf of Champo!

Bob

Last edited:

Went to the thread to confirm, but he's already said that it's a match.

BTW, my copy of CB-104 doesn't have a "Beta" brand radio in it, nor can I find that brand in any of the indexes I checked. Not sure where that bit of info comes from but it looks to be an error somewhere down the line.

Thank you for your kindness in replying.

THAT actually came FROM the SAMS website.....

I looked up CB-104 and it showed me every radio in that volume.

Just took a screenshot so you can see. I am wondering if it is not a separate coverage....but perhaps the Beta is referred to somewhere in the text of the Romar version?? Who knows.

Thank you for checking just the same!!!!SAMS.png

Went to the thread to confirm, but he's already said that it's a match.

BTW, my copy of CB-104 doesn't have a "Beta" brand radio in it, nor can I find that brand in any of the indexes I checked. Not sure where that bit of info comes from but it looks to be an error somewhere down the line.

Thank you for your kindness in replying.

THAT actually came FROM the SAMS website.....

I looked up CB-104 and it showed me every radio in that volume.

Just took a screenshot so you can see. I am wondering if it is not a separate coverage....but perhaps the Beta is referred to somewhere in the text of the Romar version?? Who knows.

Thank you for checking just the same!!!!View attachment 44566

I see where it's messed up. They left the Pace Sidetalk 1000M off the list of radios and put the "Beta" in it's place.

Reactions: guitar_199

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.