• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Does this mean want I think it means? The HOA will control

booksbenji

Apr 4, 2015
everything, as if they don't already?

If Congress approves the legislation, and it is signed by the president, H.R. 1301 would require the FCC to amend its Part 97 Amateur Service rules to apply the three-part test of the PRB-1 federal pre-emption policy to include homeowners’ association regulations and deed restrictions, often referred to as “covenants, conditions, and restrictions” (CC&Rs). At present, PRB-1 only applies to state and local zoning laws and ordinances. The FCC has been reluctant to extend the same legal protections to include such private land-use agreements without direction from Congress.

An important piece of legislation is coming to Congress and y'all need to aware of it: Amateur Radio Parity Act of 2015 Introduced in Congress

This's the important part: If Congress approves the legislation, and it is signed by the president, H.R. 1301 would require the FCC to amend its Part 97 Amateur Service rules to apply the three-part test of the PRB-1 federal pre-emption policy to include homeowners’ association regulations and deed restrictions, often referred to as “c...ovenants, conditions, and restrictions” (CC&Rs). At present, PRB-1 only applies to state and local zoning laws and ordinances. The FCC has been reluctant to extend the same legal protections to include such private land-use agreements without direction from Congress.

This would mean that HOA(Home Owners Assocations) would have say on yr equipment, so y'all knows that's not right. Lil Obungholes(Obama) running around: TEAR IT DOWN!!!!

http://www.arrl.org/news/amateur-radio-parity-act-of-2015-introduced-in-congress

everything, as if they don't already?

If Congress approves the legislation, and it is signed by the president, H.R. 1301 would require the FCC to amend its Part 97 Amateur Service rules to apply the three-part test of the PRB-1 federal pre-emption policy to include homeowners’ association regulations and deed restrictions, often referred to as “covenants, conditions, and restrictions” (CC&Rs). At present, PRB-1 only applies to state and local zoning laws and ordinances. The FCC has been reluctant to extend the same legal protections to include such private land-use agreements without direction from Congress.

An important piece of legislation is coming to Congress and y'all need to aware of it: Amateur Radio Parity Act of 2015 Introduced in Congress

This's the important part: If Congress approves the legislation, and it is signed by the president, H.R. 1301 would require the FCC to amend its Part 97 Amateur Service rules to apply the three-part test of the PRB-1 federal pre-emption policy to include homeowners’ association regulations and deed restrictions, often referred to as “c...ovenants, conditions, and restrictions” (CC&Rs). At present, PRB-1 only applies to state and local zoning laws and ordinances. The FCC has been reluctant to extend the same legal protections to include such private land-use agreements without direction from Congress.

This would mean that HOA(Home Owners Assocations) would have say on yr equipment, so y'all knows that's not right. Lil Obungholes(Obama) running around: TEAR IT DOWN!!!!

http://www.arrl.org/news/amateur-radio-parity-act-of-2015-introduced-in-congress

What does Obama have to do with this?

YUP! It means basically the opposite of what he OP thinks. Right now HOA's control everything already. If The FCC extends PRB-1 to include HOA areas then those HOA's will have to allow a reasonable accommodation of antennas. They will have NOTHING to say about what equipment you have.

Reactions: KD2GOE
well,......... I'm gonna take the other side.

every one that lives in an HOA home KNEW the regulations when they moved in, and SIGNED a legal contract to that effect.

every one that lives in an HOA home KNEW the regulations when they moved in, and SIGNED a legal contract to that effect.

And I agree with that however with HOA's becoming more and more common and taking up the prime locations I can see the need for REASONABLE accommodation.

Reactions: midnight special
Some of these HOA's are totally ridiculous. If your yard isn't cut to their required height, they will have a service come and mow it for 500 dollars. Crazy. Too many of them are power hungry control freaks. Glad to see the government is reeling these HOA's in a bit. I agree, read the HOA rules before you buy, but some people can't always afford to move to the 'burbs and have 10 acres to put up an antenna farm.

Brett

Reactions: hotrod
I honestly don't believe the bill has even a remote chance of passing. Being the litigious society that we are it would open the door to untold numbers of lawsuits by hams who want a tower or don't feel the HOA is being "reasonable"; fighting HOA's and neighbors who live there BECAUSE of the restrictions and not in spite of them.

I close on a new home this Friday and I specifically bought in a place that has no HOA, covenants or restrictions on antennas or what I can do on my property. The township will only allow 6 chickens though which I think is reasonable :D

... neighbors who live there BECAUSE of the restrictions and not in spite of them... :D

exactly correct, I own houses both with and without HOA's.

on one, I have an antenna farm with one tower 182 feet high.

on the other WITH HOA's , I bought it because of them.

If some one tries to put up an "ugly" (yes, for this community, it will be UGLY) tower ,then they will hear from me and most of the rest of the neighbors.

I'm looking at it like this, we have enough HOA's already, this maybe an effective way from keeping every new neighborhood being built from having reasonable antenna restrictions.

Wait till someone builds a nice million dollar home in sight of your antenna farm and complains about it obstructing their view and an eyesore. While you might win in court, it is costly to defend yourself. I have read about case's like this happening already.

It's that same attitude of the "N.I.M.B.Y.'s" that caused HOA in nearly every neighborhood. That's what we are trying to prevent.

I would never live under the authority of a HOA, But your antenna should not cover your neighbors yards on both sides . Unless its at least 75' high. Remeber keep your neighbors happy!

It may never work as well as a beam or even a simple vertical but if one wants to operate. Attic dipoles are better than nothing at all.

I'm not sure if HOA'S list this as a no no in their contracts.
I also doubt there's anything in those contacts that allow the (hoa) Gestapo's to crawl around your attic or even enter your home to attempt such a search.

Then there's always thoses flag pole antennas. Granted the one's I've seen are exspenceve but it will get you enjoying the hobby.

I'm not familiar with hoa communities but have read and heard some ridiculous story's about the way they operate.

... keeping every new neighborhood being built from having reasonable antenna restrictions....

... and thats the way it should be handled,..... ONLY NEW construction should be affected.

existing HOA's/CC&Rs must be grandfathered IF this PROPOSED bill is passed.

BTW: I look down on $million homes from the top of my hill.

Reactions: wavrider

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.