• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dominator mod

how are you giving him the benefit of the doubt by assuming he doesn't have a ham ticket and has every right to be there?
That's in part in why I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he may be licensed. That's what doubt means, maybe, but with uncertainty.

I have come across people before with export radios up on 10 meters before without knowing at all these are frequencies allocated for licensed amateur radio operators. They just buy a radio like these and assume every channel is free to talk on.

Yes, everybody is free to listen in, sure. We welcome it and maybe the listeners will want to get licensed and join in. Transmitting as you guy's know he has no rights or better said, has no transmitting privileges to be there if he is not licensed.

He has yet to respond.

[QUOTE="543_Dallas, post: 542667, member: 21044" I used to listen before I had a license.[/QUOTE]
Me too! That's what motivated me to get a license and hopefully many more will do the same.

You do realize that you can receive any signal on any frequency, correct? Check in can mean many things
Of course on most radio signals, we can go deep and say it is illegal to modify a radio to receive cellar phone calls which has a frequency so you can't say "any".

And yes to checking in could be just listening. I think I'm correct to at least assume he maybe transmitting there and possibly illegally and possibly without realizing it.

Even if he does have a license; he is not allowed use of that portion of the band . . .

I remember four years ago, that a USN warship in the Pacific politely asked me to get off of that band and I complied.

If you are referring to what he said his check in frequencies were of 28.6xx and 29.xxx,
you would be allowed there unless all you have is a tech class license except above 29.700 MHz. Other than that, I wouldn't have moved unless that USN station, if it really was, was using the frequency first. Then again, why would a USN naval ship be on amateur bands???.

Regardless of what is or isn't legal the condescending some hams will make to a CBer isn't helping anything. That kind of attitude from a lot of hams has pushed a lot of people away from amateur radio. I do understand there are instances when a person deserves it but don't be so quick on the trigger.

Reactions: Nick23 and Robb
Regardless of what is or isn't legal the condescending some hams will make to a CBer isn't helping anything. That kind of attitude from a lot of hams has pushed a lot of people away from amateur radio. I do understand there are instances when a person deserves it but don't be so quick on the trigger.
My bad bubba; thought we were referring to the freeband here . . .

Reactions: wavrider

My point of view is about respecting the airwaves. Not to bully them, but maybe educate them a little if they are unaware.

Surely people don't like it when their communications are disrupted by blaring stations from across our southern border, nor would someone like it if my radio was jamming in on their cell phone call or satellite or cable TV box while they are trying to enjoy some TV time.

Same thing here, amateur frequencies need to be respected and not used whether knowingly or by mistake by unlicensed operators.That's what causes most of the friction in the first place.

There are plenty of frequencies between 25 MHz and 27.990 MHz where free-banders can have at it to their hearts delight.

That's what I'm saying.

Of course on most radio signals, we can go deep and say it is illegal to modify a radio to receive cellar phone calls which has a frequency so you can't say "any".

And yes to checking in could be just listening. I think I'm correct to at least assume he maybe transmitting there and possibly illegally and possibly without realizing it.
Like you said, modifying the radio is illegal, not receiving the transmission.

My bad bubba; thought we were referring to the freeband here . . .

I know what you meant. My comment was mainly directed at fourstringburn.

My point of view is about respecting the airwaves. Not to bully them, but maybe educate them a little if they are unaware.

Surely people don't like it when their communications are disrupted by blaring stations from across our southern border, nor would someone like it if my radio was jamming in on their cell phone call or satellite or cable TV box while they are trying to enjoy some TV time.

Same thing here, amateur frequencies need to be respected and not used whether knowingly or by mistake by unlicensed operators.That's what causes most of the friction in the first place.

There are plenty of frequencies between 25 MHz and 27.990 MHz where free-banders can have at it to their hearts delight.

That's what I'm saying.

I completely understand what your're saying and I agree with you. What I disagree with is coming to the CB section of the forum with your call sign displayed and talking to people as if they are below you. You might educate a few people but can you see why some CBers have no interest in ham and think we're all snobs?

I know what you meant. My comment was mainly directed at fourstringburn.

I completely understand what your're saying and I agree with you. What I disagree with is coming to the CB section of the forum with your call sign displayed and talking to people as if they are below you. You might educate a few people but can you see why some CBers have no interest in ham and think we're all snobs?

This is a open forum to all. Cbers are welcome to the amateur side and the reverse is true for us. I have learned some things from this forum on the CB side as well.

I'm proud of my call sign and many people display theirs so that shouldn't be an issue unless someone has some kind of a complex. Generally the only people who I feel are below me are scumbag low-lifes who are out to rip people off, or harm them.

No matter what, you can help the way people think.

You do realize that you can receive any signal on any frequency, correct? Check in can mean many things
yes you can receive any frequency, check in and e mail to check in list, it's as.w. thing, would never want ticket taken for operation out of band, when in or out banding , or for doing something that a man in washington d.c. tells me i cant do.....heaven help me if i have done something no one else has done or should i say the man free of all guilt may tell me i am wrong but no man can do that.....that i know of, from the child that pull his sisters hair to the man who spit on the side walk. Just remember the rules, dont step on someone, if the frqu. is not free, and open dont tx, and dont give other ops. crap on the band, act like a man, be polite. Oh and DON'T BLEED OVER!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.