• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Don Knotts

AudioShockwav

Extraterrestrial
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nor Cal Sierra Nevada
Don Knotts
TV Role: Barney Fife On The Andy Griffith Show
Birthplace: Morgantown, West Virginia
Birthday: 7-21-1924
Date of Death: 2-25-2006
Cause of Death: Pulmonary and respiratory complications.

Don appeared in the following productions:

Big Bully (1996), role - Principal Kokelar
Cats Don't Dance (1996) (voice)
Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night (1987) (voice)
"What a Country" (1986) TV Series
Return to Mayberry (1986) (TV), role - Barney Fife
Cannonball Run II (1984)
Private Eyes, The (1980), role - Inspector Winship
Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again, The (1979), role - Theodore
Prizefighter, The (1979), role - Shake
Hot Lead and Cold Feet (1978), role - Denver Kid
"Three's Company" (1977) TV Series, role - Ralph Furley (1979-1984)
Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo (1977), role - Wheely Applegate
Gus (1976), role - Coach Venner
No Deposit, No Return (1976), role - Bert
Apple Dumpling Gang, The (1975), role - Theodore Ogelvie
I Love a Mystery (1973) (TV), role - Alexander Archer
How to Frame a Figg (1971)
"Don Knotts Show, The" (1970) TV Series
Love God?, The (1969), role - Abner
Shakiest Gun in the West (1968), role - Jesse W. Haywood
Reluctant Astronaut, The (1967), role - Roy Fleming
Ghost and Mr. Chicken, The (1965), role - Luther Heggs
Incredible Mr. Limpet, The (1964)
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (1963), role - Nervous Man
Move Over, Darling (1963), role - Shoe Clerk
Last Time I Saw Archie, The (1961), role - Captain Little
"Andy Griffith Show, The" (1960) TV Series, role - Barney Fife (1960-65)
Wake Me When It's Over (1960), role - Sergeant Warren
No Time for Sergeants (1958), role - Corporal Brown
"Steve Allen Show, The" (1956) TV Series
"Search for Tomorrow" (1951) TV Series

Jeff

Don Knotts was old school funny man , just like Jerry Lewis in his days .....he holds the record for most emmy awards won , 5 years in a row for his role on the Andy Griffith show,(just goes to show you how truly talented this dude was) ....he was a funny man who helped make the show what it was while he was on it. He made me laugh ,and that's something i don't do a whole hell of a lot of these days , I also was a fan of Rodney Dangerfield we lost a few years back , he made me laugh.

With a profile like that , IM still trying to figure out just who the jokes on in the first place ? I suppose a lot of things might be aggravating ? Not to put anyway down of course, I've learned over the years that a lot of radio operators are of a handicaped nature. May the good Lord take a liking to you along with anybodies sence of humor that goes along with it. (-: Rest in peace D.K.

Yes, what a funny man, he will truly be missed. Many times have my spirits been lifted from watching the old reruns. Well, I guess there will be no more "Bud nipping" and wonder where that bullet will end up. RIP Mr. Knotts and thanks for the laughs.

I saw the movie , so what ? Ones sence of humor pretty much hits the nail on the head. It's not like IM wondering whats really going on here. Some folks have a great way of spelling that out for others without even trying. They even tend to spell it out in links. Good day

Your humor avails me Dennis , or maybe it's just your timing with it ? Smoke a bowl ? now IM starting to understand but then again it has been fairly noticeable without you attempting to pass the fat boy my way. Serious ? as I said before , your humor avails me especially when the topic has to do with somebody passing on and your the only one whom seems to think your funny ? It's obvious to me who's been tooting on the pipe around here, (every picture tells a story) but i do thank you for being up front about it from the get go , it hasn't been like I've been waiting for it to happen, it seems as if it happened way before you ever got started. But SERIOUS though , good Luck to you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.