• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

don't tailgate the truckers... II

space cowboy

Quack Quack
Oct 16, 2012
Michigan
that used to be a pickup
24D0D75B00000578-0-image-m-28_1421598200410.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2915575/Pictured-Man-SURVIVED-crushed-two-big-rigs-84.html

They interviewed this guy on Fox News TV this morning. This happened in a pileup in Orego caused by black ice. This guy said he slid his Chevy Silverado into a semi that had jackknifed in front of him. He looked out his window and saw the other truck sliding at him sideways and just closed his eyes. He had no injuries that required more than a bandaid.
He's the luckiest person on the planet.

I only hit black ice one time in my lifs but I can tell you that it's a come to Jesus moment. You lose control completely until your either off the patch of ice, lose forward momentum or smach into something and stop. No one was tailgaiting anyone when it happened to me but at the end of the ice about 10 cars wound up in a pile. It was like an automobile pin ball machine and I missed every single car and was the only one in the bunch undamaged.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.