• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dosy TC 3001 p1 meter

Klint

Mar 13, 2019
Do these meters pretty much read average watts and not so much peak ? And how accurate are these meters ? (New )

I believe, at least in a sense, that it doesn’t actually do either.

The reason I say that is that it doesn’t have an average setting, but doesn’t seem to have an true peak reading circuit either.

So...what it’ll show you is a simulated peak power.

Not to say it won’t work just fine for you. It might do everything you want and more.

Edited to add:

Just as something to consider...the price of the Dosy gets you very close to a true peak reading meter.

Reactions: Klint
Just seems to read on the tight side !!

Somewhere around here there was a post about that model Dosy, or one like it, and if I remember correctly Dosy was good about accepting it for recalibration.

I doubt that any amount of calibration will make it perfect across the scale, but at least they can make it read as designed.

For the most part, I view these things as a relative measuring tool.

Reactions: Tokin and Klint
Yea I can see why.. lol That thing has undershot everything that it has been hooked up to.. haha

+/- 15% full scale accuracy on the meter movement. Sounds like your readings are correct to me. Pshh, even bird meters are only +/- 5% full scale. Everyone thinks they are the most accurate lab meter, Nope.

Reactions: Klint
Look for meters that require a 12v power connection other than for the meter light, those ones have active peak reading circuitry.

The Daiwa 901 model are popular on this forum and can be bought new around $140 or less.

Don't let the cross needle type scare you off, once you get used to them you may find they're better. The modulation meter on a 3 window Dosey is useless.

Reactions: 2RT307 and Klint
Look for meters that require a 12v power connection other than for the meter light, those ones have active peak reading circuitry.

The Daiwa 901 model are popular on this forum and can be bought new around $140 or less.

Don't let the cross needle type scare you off, once you get used to them you may find they're better. The modulation meter on a 3 window Dosey is useless.

Well, if you're easily entertained by a wildly swinging meter, it's not TOTALLY useless. :LOL:

Brett

Somewhere around here there was a post about that model Dosy, or one like it, and if I remember correctly Dosy was good about accepting it for recalibration.

I doubt that any amount of calibration will make it perfect across the scale, but at least they can make it read as designed.

For the most part, I view these things as a relative measuring tool.
They will have you send it to their repair guy in Indiana. He mainly works on Dosy but can work on other meters and can calibrate most all meters. Very nice people, been dealing with them for years.
Now as for Dosy, the're truck stop quality meters. The parts they use to manufacture their meters are the cheapest of cheap. The last set I bought was a dud.
I believe this is the number for QP Inc repair (574) 295-6884

Reactions: 2NC995 and Klint
They will have you send it to their repair guy in Indiana. He mainly works on Dosy but can work on other meters and can calibrate most all meters. Very nice people, been dealing with them for years.
Now as for Dosy, the're truck stop quality meters. The parts they use to manufacture their meters are the cheapest of cheap. The last set I bought was a dud.
I believe this is the number for QP Inc repair (574) 295-6884
Ok thanks for your help

Reactions: 2NC995

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?