• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Double Bazooka and power

EA3GEG

Dec 13, 2009
Hello, i have a bazooka antenna for 80 meters, with 80 watts it is not problem the SWR is 1:1,3, but when I load my Acom 1000, that`s imposible.
I test the amplifier with a dummy mload and no problem.
I am using a remot control antenna by ameritron RCS-10, I have changed 2 or 3 times the diferent conector, and the problem is the same.

Any help??

Joan EA3GEG

Merry Christmas to all

RCS-10/Some Have Issue

There appears some operators have had issues with poor isolation between the remote coax connectors and or relays. Eham reviews and from checking around with another operator (distributor), the relay coils/ and or contacts in some production runs have failed. Then others have experienced coax connectors which seems to leach RF to more than one antenna port under medium to legal limit loads.

You might contact MFJ directly about the problem, they have replaced or supplied parts to some operators to make good on some of these issues under warranty.

Your Bazooka antenna...what type coax did you use? Some coax with foam dielectric center has caused op's a problem. The ones I have built seem to work best made from Belden 9913 or 8214 or similar type dielectric. I talk to a couple op's who use commercial grade RG11/75 ohm coax to make their's and have been up for several years and preform well.
Good Luck/ Happy Holidays
All the Best
BJ

Last edited:
Many thanks for answer, now I have the solution at the problem.
The problem was with the watter and humidity into the conections and the conector SO.I dismounted and cleaned the RG 75 ohms, I did a new conections, used silicon and closed.
Now I haven't problem when I am using a Acom amplifier

Joan EA3GEG

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.